From Designer Stencils. This medallion stencil fits within a 4.5″ circle and is made out of durable, 10mil food-grade plastic.
This Decorating Stencil can be used with royal icing, fondant, butter-cream, chocolate or any spreadable material
It can also be used on top of any cake surface that isn’t wet
For butter-cream, make sure the surface has a dry skin or is chilled in the refrigerator and is not tacky or sticky.
The best surfaces are rolled fondant, royal icing and pastiage (like rolled fondant, but sets harder).
Stencils can also be used for decorations on petit fours, biscuits, mints, chocolates and other confectionery items.
When baking bread, use a stencil to brush on an egg wash or glaze before baking, or use as a pattern for seeds, grains or dusting powder.
Ideas for using Decorating Stencils:
– Place Decorating Stencil directly on the top and/or sides of the iced cake surface
– Lay the stencil over the top of the cake and hold in place
– Using a polystyrene trowel, smooth a small amount of icing over the openings
– Gently pull off stencil
– Clean stencil and let icing dry
– To colour, align the clean, dry stencil over the embossed icing and hold in place
– Use an air brush to apply colours, masking off the surrounding area of the cake and board to prevent overspray
– Dusting sugar works well with stencils too